Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

First full week of commuting

Well, I have now completed my first full week of commuting to work by A-Bike.

The bike has held up very well and I am gaining confidence in the capabilities of the bike.

Almost too much confidence though. Part of my commute involves crossing a cattle grid. The gaps between the steel bars of the grid are quite wide, almost wide enough to swallow a 6 inch wheel. I normally cycle up to the grid, jump of the bike and walk across, carrying the bike.

Well on thursday afternoon, while riding home in the warm sunshine, my mind was wandering as I followed a bunch of cyclists in front of me. Suddenly, I remembered at the last moment the cattle grid just ahead and pulled of the path. I had almost ridden over the grid!

So, be careful! After a week of commuting, the bike starts to feel so normal that you can forget that it does have some limitations...

So far I have not ridden the bike in the rain, but I have ridden it on wet roads, but not wet enough to test the brakes in wet conditions. I do wish the rear sections of the mudguards where longer, as the bike did get quite dirty - at the the bike is super-easy to clean!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?