Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

Commuting to work

Another great day to bike-commute to work!

This is a really nice time of year in York, where the air is cool and the sun still shines.

Today I went for a ride around the Knavemire, which is the local racecourse. I rode past a bunch of teenagers who called out "wicked bike!" and gave me a big thumbs up!

Actually, it is amazing how little attention the bike gets. As I ride along the
shared cycleway/walkways, most people just assume I am riding a normal
bike. It is only when they look down and see the small wheels, do they
get a big smile on their faces! When the bike is noticed, the response has always
been positive. Teenagers especially take great interest in the little microbike.

Another time I got a big response was when I rode past a caravan park.
This time it wqas the retirees that showed alot of interest!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?